We may collect personal information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- your name or company name
- your postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- your telephone or fax number
- your email address
- your Social Security Number or Federal Employer Tax Identification Number
- your birth date
- your gender
- your credit and debit card number
- your Vendor Tax ID numbers
- your financial information when you use your credit or debit card to make a purchase
- your purchase history
CID collects personal information when you participate in various opportunities we provide, for example:
- when you register for subscriptions, events or other communications through this website, Twitter, LinkedIN, Facebook, on paper or any other application
- when you order a product or service or make a request
- when you donate or contribute funds through the website or at an event
- when you participate in a contest, promotion, sweepstakes, survey or other promotion
- when you participate in a blog or forum
- when we conduct market research or when we meet you at a social or other event
Automatically Collected Information
We may passively collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or your internet service provider. This information typically includes your domain name, your user name and your numerical IP address. The amount of information sent by your web browser depends on its settings. Please refer to your browser if you want to learn what information it sends. We might use this type of information to see which web pages you visit at our website, which website you visited before coming to our website and where you go after you leave our website. We can then develop statistics that help us understand how our visitors use our website and how we can improve it.
When you submit a request, registration, question or suggestion using this website, you are required to provide information we need to complete your request, including your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. We may have collected similar information from you in the past.
We may actively obtain information about you by installing a marker on your computer, commonly called a “cookie.” Cookies enable us to know you by a computer-generated, unique identifier. By providing you with a unique cookie, we can create a database of your previous choices and preferences. In situations where these choices or preferences need to be collected again, we can supply them automatically, saving you time and effort. Your computer may be specially configured to reject cookies. Please refer to your browser for more information. Many websites of companies associated with CID allow you to visit without accepting cookies, but some features of our websites may not work properly if you choose to reject cookies.
We collect information at this website when you contact us and when you respond to surveys and questionnaires; enter contests, sweepstakes and giveaway promotions; apply for employment, or register for events we make available. If you email us, you are voluntarily releasing the content of your email to us (including your email address). If you answer questions we have placed on the website page, you are also voluntarily releasing that information to us. You may decide not to answer any questions presented to you at our website; if you do, you may still continue your visit, but we may elect not to provide you with services, opportunities, responses or features related to the questions you choose not to answer.