1. Observers and CID staff meet to discuss issues related to the request for observation and information.
2. Classroom observation with staff guidance. Explanation during observation includes:
- lesson objectives
- techniques and strategies used to teach/develop listening, language and speech skills
- techniques and strategies used to weave listening, language and speech development throughout the day
- analysis of teacher behaviors
- analysis of child feedback
3. Participants meet with staff for discussion and question/answer.
Cost $125/hour (1–4 participants attend)
- to provide an opportunity to learn the components of a complete program for a child who is deaf or hard of hearing and learning to use spoken language
- to provide opportunities to observe listening and spoken language experts use best practices for listening, language and speech instruction
- to provide detailed explanations of instruction while it occurs as well as follow-up discussions post-observation
Administrators, teachers, speech-language pathologists