CID is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to serving children who are deaf and hard of hearing and their families. We rely heavily on donors to support our world-renowned school where deaf children learn to listen, talk, read and succeed in a predominantly hearing world. Your gifts to CID bring the world to children who otherwise may have limited opportunities to communicate, learn, interact and achieve.
- general operating costs (not covered by tuition)
- school art and music programs
- literacy program
- after school enrichment activities
- extended school year program
- on-site pediatric audiology
- professional development, in-services and consultation
- curricula and course development
- general education transition assistance
- professional development activities for CID staff
In a given year, CID serves approximately 200 families. Thanks to you, we’re able to turn away no school candidate with hearing loss for financial reasons.
CID students graduate with the skills necessary to attend schools with hearing children in their own local elementary, middle and high schools, where they typically do well both academically and socially. Most go to college and many pursue professional careers. Meet some CID graduates.