MARTHA E. JONES PEDIATRIC AUDIOLOGY CENTER
4th-Year Audiology Extern
The CID – Central Institute for the Deaf pediatric audiology program provides a full range of re/habilitative audiologic services. These include behavioral hearing evaluations, device evaluations (digital hearing aids, cochlear implants and FM systems) and programming, parent counseling and educational outreach. CID audiologists work closely with educators in the CID family center and school addressing the speech, language and hearing needs of children ages birth to age 18.
Each year, we seek a fourth-year audiology extern to participate in all aspects of the audiology clinic. These include making and fitting earmolds, selecting and verifying hearing aids, programming and verifying cochlear implants for children, fitting FM systems and planning appropriate auditory training goals. Through observation and guided supervision, the extern helps counsel families about hearing loss, device options and the cochlear implantation process. Stipend available.
Send cover letter, CV, 3 letters of recommendation and a copy of current academic transcript to Kathy Holtman, AuD, CCC-A, CID Pediatric Audiology Program, 825 S. Taylor Ave., Saint Louis, Missouri 63110 or e-mail email@example.com
EOE/M/F/D/V For more information: 314.977.0104
EMERSON CENTER FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
CID – Central Institute for the Deaf is accepting applications for a full-time content coordinator for the Emerson Center for Professional Development. The Emerson Center for Professional Development provides resources to professionals who serve children who are deaf and hard of hearing. These include curricula, online courses, workshops, in-services and consulting. The content coordinator acts as one of the lead staff members in expanding the center’s product and service offerings. This position involves:
- collaborating with subject matter experts and other professionals to develop quality products and services
- managing the product development process
- writing and/or editing content used in our trainings and publications
- providing engaging continuing education training, in-person and remotely, to professionals who work with children who are deaf and hard of hearing
We are looking for a candidate with the following education, skills and experience:
- Minimum of MA or MS in Education of the Deaf or related field
- Valid credentials (CCC-SLP, CCC-AuD, CED, valid teaching licensure)
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in the field of deaf education or a related field with a focus on providing listening and spoken language services
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience training adult audiences
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to: Professional Development Content Coordinator, c/o Human Resources, Central Institute for the Deaf, 825 S. Taylor Ave., Saint Louis, Missouri 63110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMERSON CENTER FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
CID – Central Institute for the Deaf is accepting applications for a part-time (20 hours per week) administrative assistant to support our Emerson Center for Professional Development. This position involves:
- serving as the primary customer service representative for professionals interested in purchasing CID workshops, online courses, consultations and coaching
- managing the professional development training cycle from initial contact with customers to service delivery
- assisting with administering continuing education credits for the American Speech, Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) and AG Bell.
We are looking for a candidate who is customer-service oriented, detailed, organized, motivated and a team player. Top consideration will be given to candidates with a bachelor’s degree or higher and 3+ years of administrative experience working in the field of continuing education. Some specific skills we are looking for are:
• Strong customer service skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• High level of proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
• Professional business and phone demeanor
• Ability to multi-task
• Familiarity with administering continuing education units
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to: Professional Development Administrative Assistant, c/o Human Resources, Central Institute for the Deaf, 825 S. Taylor Ave., Saint Louis, Missouri 63110 or email email@example.com.
CID is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information and any other factor protected by federal, state or local laws.